Monday, May 19, 2014

"There's something about you that makes people look twice"

Once again I am playing catch up on my blog. Before I started blogging I used to carry around a paper calender organizer and write down everything I did daily, in detail. Being a stay at home mom I just like being able to look back and see what I did with my time. I don't carry around my paper calender anymore but I still write in a calender on the wall and have all my appointments in my phone. So here is me recording my days so I don't forget:)

Monday of last week Lauren and I took the kids to a new park. She has been wanting to show me this park because it has a really cool bog walk. 




Going slow on the swing, just the way she likes it:)

John saw some big kids playing tag. At the top of this slide the kid said "your it" to another kid so John would say "your it" every time he got to the top of that slide, it was so adorable!

Right after her enjoying her slide time she threw a huge fit! I don't know how a 1 year old does it but she managed to get the whole park looking at her. All because we took her away from the slide!
That afternoon Kyle and I had a doctors appointment and my mom came over so graciously to watch the kids. It was here at this appointment that I was confused for my husbands Mother!! Yes someone thought I was my 28 year old husbands mother. I was so sad that whole evening I couldn't even speak. He did have a clean shaven face, his hair was a little grown out on his head which always makes him look younger, an American Eagle shirt on and some cargo shorts but this was rock bottom for me. I have been mistaken pregnant before but this was the worst thing that has ever been said about me. But is also a huge motivation to look better. I mourned on it almost all week and told a lot of people who then told me their stories which made me feel so much better. I am over it now and can laugh but I was so embarrassed, ashamed, hurt and just plain sad about it.

On Tuesday I spent the whole day cleaning my house like a crazy person! It felt so amazing to clean! I really needed to hit the gym but I broke a major sweat cleaning my house. After I scrubbed the house, vacuumed and the like, my friend Rikki called to say she was in the area. So her kids came over and played in the pool while we got to chat and enjoy each others company. I also had clients all evening long. So I made a crock pot recipe and my family stayed out of the way outside:)  

Wednesday John was really wanting to stay home, we are gone doing something almost everyday so he always asks to stay home. So instead of going to the gym I took the kids on a walk by our house to the little playground.


"I do hard things mom!" He gets up there on his own and lately has been telling me "I do hard things" when he does something hard all by himself, I'm so proud of him!


She props herself up in the most awesome positions, she is in such control of her body. John is just now learning how to really balance himself and control his body.
On Thursday we went to work. I had choir in the evening, but left early to go shopping. Which was really amazing! I took some retail therapy. I really haven't bought clothes that weren't maternity since before John was born. I finally bought my size that I am. I can't tell you how good it feels to be wearing normal clothes, its embarrassing even to admit. But I am in such a good place in my heart right now. It was like I finally could move forward from my pregnancy/nursing stage of my life and be myself again. It was amazing.

Friday I felt so good that I did get up and went to the gym. The kids played and I enjoyed myself a lot, stretching in the sauna and getting coffee in the lobby after my workout.

Saturday I woke up and Kyle made us all breakfast. After eating a great and filling Saturday breakfast I headed out for a massage. After I got my massage I headed home but stopped to pick up some lattes for Kyle and I. Right as I was leaving the latte fell and hit the floor of my car, spilling everywhere! Fortunately we have the weathertek floor mats and it really didn't get messy at all! I came home to my kids gone and off to Nana and Grandpas. I had one client before Kyle and I headed out to go enjoy each other.

We made our way out to the mall and target where I got some more retail therapy! Kyle was so sweet and happy for me to be getting clothes, although he really didn't enjoy the stores to much. So after that last quick stop to target where I got some new workout clothes, we made our way out to dinner. It has become "our place" to go when we don't have the kids. We enjoyed some adult beverages before making our way to a romantic beach walk.







We had such a good time hanging out that we lost track of time and my mom was there with the kids before we were! This was so refreshing to hang out with my husband and have fun! I am so thankful for my parents taking my kids and giving us a chance to connect with each other, alone.

So on Sunday Lauren came over in the morning before church and helped with the kids so we were able to make it to church on time. That always makes for a great day. Well Kyle went to the bathroom after service and a man in there said to him, "Is that your wife with you in church?". Kyle said, "yes". And the man told him that I am a "Gem". Kyle tells me this in the car on the way home and I was like, "why didn't you tell me this sooner!". Kyle said he was going to save it to tell me the next time I got upset about something! Well that little comment was exactly what I needed to hear after being told I looked like his mother. That comment made my week, I was beaming after hearing that and I still am so flattered that a stranger would recognize that in me. Kyle told him that he was "a very blessed man and thank you". I want to say thank you to this man! I know he must of saw me loving and kissing on my husband because I was in such a good mood from being on time to church and in a new outfit:)

Later that night I was talking about that comment to Kyle and how good it made me feel. Kyle told me "Tracy you are beautiful." I of course replied with, "You really think that?". And then Kyle said something to me that I never want to forget. So sweet he said, " Yes Tracy, there's something about you that makes people look twice." It was one of those amazing compliments from your husband that you could just write down so you never forget, so that's exactly what I'm doing:)





No comments:

Post a Comment