Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"This my Fall party?!?", a tour of our Fall house!

After church on Sunday, a weekend full of our choir concerts, I decorated for Fall finally! I had been putting it off because of John's birthday party. I didn't want Frosty the Snowman decorations with my Fall decor mixed in. So then it just got put off as I started school and the busy of life. I was determined to get them up and so even after a busy weekend of choir I managed to pull them out, okay Kyle pulled them out for me, and get our house all set for Fall!

So the funny thing is after I decorated John came out of his room after his nap and said, "This my Fall party?!". He thought because we were decorating that it must be for a Fall party! It was so cute. Then he says, "Your do this all by yourself? This amazing.", he then goes on how beautiful our home is. My son has such a thankful heart, I pray he continues this all through his life, its something Kyle and I really work on to instill in our kids.

Here is a tour...

Coming up to our house. The red porch is great for Fall!
Our pumpkins from the pumpkin patch.
I love this!
Walking in..
The mantel
I got this thing last spring for Easter and now I like to decorate it on the inside according to the season.
Corn inside of it.

Autumn welcome!
View from upstairs.
Garland on the sliding glass door. I did it in such a way where we can still close the drapes at night!
Bouquet 
Such pretty Fall colors!
The kids' bathroom
These make the bathroom smell nice as well.
I put a little decor in each of the kids' room.
John has his pumpkin
Eliana's room
Eliana has this in place where her "E" is usually.
Our room on my dresser
This is a really neat pumpkin.
This is really for Christmas but I love the colors with our room and our nature theme that I think I will keep it up always!
Our room!
I have gotten all these decorations over the years. I was really smart before we had kids and bought a lot of this when the season was over and it was all on sale at TJ Max. Now I have a plastic bin I store it all in to keep it nice and I'm so thankful to have this collection of Fall decor!

Then last night I got the idea to put up these bible verses that I bought on Amazon. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 says, "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Putting up bible verses in our house makes great decoration and great reminders of verses as well! So here are the newest additions...





That last one is especially important to Kyle and I because God gave us the very house we live in. I think we have a beautiful home, but you would be so surprised by our income. We have very little money but God is so good to us. We are so extremely blessed and He uses others in our lives to constantly bless us even more. I love seeing verses in our home, we have verses in almost every room of the house. God is good, so faithful and so amazing! Thanks for taking the tour of our "Fall party" house!





No comments:

Post a Comment