I want to remember this time when my kids don't speak perfectly, they smile at each other when they see each other, playing chase around the house with a blanket, finding comfort in one another when tears are shed, little bodies to snuggle, diapers, sippy cups and the best little kisses. I want to remember the smallness, the precious minds of these little people and all of the innocence. Days seem to get labeled with screaming, fits and "she took my bread!". I don't want to let my days get labeled by what went wrong, but by what went right.
I have struggled with a positive attitude and responding gracefully with my kids. I used to pride myself in the fact that "I never loose my cool with my kids". Now it seems all I do is loose my cool. I probably said that before I had two. It really is not how I want to parent though. I don't have unrealistic ideals to be the perfect parent, I just want to respond in a way that maintains control and respect. The best way to do that is to not loose your cool.
When I do respond in a way that seems harsh or sudden, because I have just said whatever it is for the hundredth time or we are late, I get so upset with myself and end up apologizing to my kids and letting them know it is not the way to handle the situation. I so badly want to be the peaceful parent that I see so many people being. This is really going to be something that I am working on. I felt like it was too late, I've already lost my cool, I'll never be the parent I strive to be. But then I realized my kids are 1 and 2 and I decided there is still hope for me yet:)
Life is just so busy lately! My kids are so busy just living their lives, pulling every toy they can find out of its place, dropping food on the carpet, and drumming on any piece of furniture or wall with kitchen spoons. They are enjoying each other so much and they are SO LOUD! My kids are louder than your average kids, at least louder than all of the kids I'm around! But I just know that one day I'm going to miss this time, that is exactly why I have this blog, highlighting "The Best of the Bailey's".
So here are some things I want to remember...
Two weeks ago for John's soccer practice we decided to try leaving Eliana at home with Kyle. She is the hardest to deal with at practice, she so badly wants to be apart of the practice that she will go to great lengths to try and get involved. Kyle volunteered to stay home so that John and I could do some grocery shopping after his practice. We had the best time! It was so nice to be alone with him and get some one on one time. I haven't gotten alone time with him since before Eliana was born! I can't believe how much easier it felt with one kid who can walk, talk and get in and out of his carseat himself ( I do the buckle). John had zero distraction and followed everything perfectly. I basically just followed him around as he did all the work with little direction on my part, just some cheerleading encouragement. We went grocery shopping and I enjoyed every second with my little man. He even helped put groceries away well past his bedtime!
Last week at John's soccer practice I captured this moment! John running to hug his daddy after a goal is absolutely precious! Then of course you must put cones on your head...
Last week when we got out of the car in the gym parking lot I came across this flyer. I asked John to pick it up and it was an invitation for a free kids block party!
I took that picture from my yoga mat and sent it to a couple of my friends. The party was after my yoga class and right across the street! It was totally meant to be! So when I picked up the kids from the childcare I told John we were going to a party! Some of our friends met us there and it was a great time!
I tried to stick Eliana into the bouncy house but she wanted nothing to do with it! It was a very hot day and there was no shade in sight. John made rounds to all of the stations.We stayed there for 2 hours before heading home for a quick lunch and naptime.
There was this one game of throwing a wet soft ball at someones face through cut out holes. One of the boys tried telling John he could scoot up to make it fair since "he's just a little kid". I told the boys that John has "quite the arm, and we'll stay on the line for now". John nailed that kid in the face 3 times in a row to win his 3 prizes! It was great! I was proud of his aim, not that the boy was rude in any way and he was volunteering to do that, it was all in fun.
He went down this giant slide and I was so proud of him! He did it several times, waiting in long lines in the heat before he fell down pretty hard, banging up his chin. Eliana gladly stayed in the stroller, watching from the comfort of her shade and water bottle.
Last week we also met up with some friends for the river walk that we love so much. I got these really cool shots! Zero filter, just beautiful nature...
![]() |
| John just soaking in the view! |
![]() |
| We put his little friend Quynn in there for a cute picture! |
John and noah are little nature boys! Its not much of a walk when you are constantly stopping for these guys to find sticks and what have you!
We also went camping again! I didn't get any pictures because I relaxed the whole time! Just this one fuzzy one that Kyle took before John and I took off for a golf cart ride through the woods, I love my time with my little man!
The kids went to sleep well and we hand plenty of help with my sister in law and Grandma around! It was really great! The weather was nice and we just got to hang out! So nice! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel where we will get to be doing all the fun stuff with the kids and they will love it!
This last week proved to be just as busy as the week before! Today we stayed home all day before making our way out to our friends house for a birthday dinner. John and I made the cake in the morning and brought it over for dessert. Our families had such a great time together! I didn't get a single picture with all the toddlers, cooking and conversation in a short 2 hour span. But it was a wonderful time!
So these are a few highlights of last weeks adventures with The Bailey's. Fall is right around the corner and it is my absolute favorite season! I have envisioned that it will be less busy but I must be crazy, the holiday's are going to hit like a whirlwind, choir starts again, I resume work at my church, and I can't forget about football! I'm so thankful for this blog so that my days can hold some ground. The saying is so true "the days are long and the years are short". I would blur my days if I didn't have this space to record them, and for that I am so thankful.
I am going to close this very long post with a prayer...
Lord God, I ask that you help me to relax, breath and enjoy my little children. That I would slow down and not worry about things that don't matter. That I teach my children through my actions, that my actions reflect my words and my heart. I pray that I am convicted when I don't respond in a way that represents your love. Your love is perfect, full of grace yet strong in discipline. I pray that Kyle and I raise our children in a way that pleases you and reflects your Word, your desire and love for us. Lord guide me. Forgive me of the times that I am not my best self. Help me to move forward with each day with a positive attitude and your love for others. Help me to model your grace that you have for me in my children. Lord I pray I lead by example and reflect your light, Jesus within me. Thank you Lord for forgiving me, loving me and encouraging me to be the best I can be. Thank you for showing me a glimpse of how much you love your children, with the way that I love my children. I pray that I am more like you each day with my words, my actions and my attitude. I love you Lord and am so thankful for You, thank you for loving me exactly where I'm at, giving me grace to learn to be exactly who I'm meant to be.
In Jesus name, Amen.









No comments:
Post a Comment