The fashion show the other night was in downtown Seattle and featuring a local designer. My friend Maria was in it and so we showed up to support her! Let me tell you this girl rocked it! She is one of my best friends so of course I would say this, but no, she seriously did impress me! This girl can strike a pose!
![]() |
| Taking a selfie right when we got there. |
![]() |
| Us girls there to support Maria! |
![]() |
| Maria was in the show and she seriously rocked it! |
I got four hours of sleep that night and hiked a mountain in the morning! What is so great about this hike is how my parents take care of my family to do so. We go to drop the kids off at their house in the morning and my mom has breakfast made for us right away. We eat and then we are off to go hiking. The hike is no joke and is a serious workout. We get back and within minutes of arriving at their house to pick the kids up my mom has dinner in our hands as we prop our feet up on the couch in the recliners! It couldn't get any better then that! My kids absolutely love it there and I'm so thankful for my parents!
![]() |
| The only picture I took while hiking Pilchuck. I just loved the way the light was coming through the trees. This is right before the hike turns into boulders and rocks the rest of the way in the sun! |
We went to church the next morning and our pastor is doing a series on going through Revelation. I just love this! I'll admit I get such a thrill discussing and trying to figure out this book in the bible. It is one with a lot of questions and a lot of answers. So I am so thankful for our church and our pastor for leading us through it, I already am learning so much!
While I am learning so much, so is my son! He just started the 3's class two weeks ago since he will be three this month and Fall is when all the kids move up to their next class. John has a memory verse that they focus on all month long with the kids. Our children's program is phenomenal! I picked John up from his class on Sunday and asked him if he remembered his memory verse for the class today (they get a little candy for remembering it) and his teacher said yes he did. So I got down to John's level and ask him if he can recite it to me. He did, all the way and it amazed me! We worked on it at home as well because we get a letter and application directions from his class for what they will be covering that month, telling us what we can do as parents to apply it at home. I was so impressed with John that my eyes swelled with tears! John was confused and I told him they are happy tears! I am so thankful to the Lord for our amazing church that focus' on relationships and sets such an amazing foundation for our faith.
Here is John saying his first memory verse!
Summer is coming to an end and I am so surprised with myself that I am not rushing to put out my Fall decorations! Usually I am so anxious I am putting them out the first week of September! I think what is so different this time compared to the last three years is that I have really had a great summer! I got to go camping, lots of hiking, backpacking, out dancing with my husband, I wore shorts for the first time in three years and got a great tan this summer! These things that were such a given to me in the past have now felt like such accomplishments. I know the cold months will hit and stay for awhile, so right now we are soaking up the last bit of summer and enjoying it!

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment