I had an itch to get out of the house yesterday. All last week we were on an Alaskan cruise (working on that post, its a long and detailed one) and after being home for the last several days I wanted to get out and drive my car and be outside. It was such a beautiful day!
I made us smoothies for breakfast, cut up a ton of veggies for snacks and prepared a crockpot for dinner. It was a great start to the beautiful day. I even curled my hair!
We went to John's new school first. We missed his orientation while on vacation so I thought we should go check it out and affirm in him that that is where he is going to school, and starting this week. He has his first day Friday and John is always apprehensive about starting something new. But he played with the kids and had a blast! The staff there are seriously the best. So involved, organized and super sweet. I seriously have never seen a better group of staff. I am so grateful we can send John to that school.
After that we made a Starbucks run. I had a gift certificate so I grabbed a latte (and a breakfast sandwhich). I got the kids the protein boxes they have and it was a perfect lunch for them. They loved it and snacked on it for a couple hours. Our next stop was the river walk to meet with Rikki and her kids, our friends.
Oh how I love Fall! How I love the freshness of September! Beautiful without the blazing heat. Sunny with crisp air. The leaves all changing colors. Oh let it Fall!
 |
| Just enjoying life... |
 |
| Seriously growing up, oh my goodness. |
 |
| The smiles on John and Quynn in this picture are seriously the best. |
 |
| It's a great day for some exercise! |
 |
| "Cheese" or we should say, carrot:) |
 |
| Such a beautiful day it looks fake, the clouds are perfect. |
 |
| Eating carrots and peppers, we have awesome healthy kids. |
I made up a song awhile ago for my kids and it goes like this... "We're healthy and strong. We're healthy-healthy strong. We're healthy, and strong. We're healthy-healthy strong! We don't eat no juuunk We don't eat no juuunk. Not-ah. No way. Because we're... healthy and strong, we're healthy-healthy strong!" We have hand motions and everything. The kids love singing it and Quynn now sings it too in their house, its awesome. I love that they love to eat healthy!
 |
| It starts with doing my hair again, next step I'll be doing my make up again...someday. It really is normal for me though to take the summer off from make up, but I do feel myself moving out of the hippy phase I was in all summer:) |
I am so in love with Fall and it is just the beginning. Crisp, refreshing days bring rejuvenation to my soul after a busy summer. I write more, read more, and reflect a lot. I can just sit listening to the rain and breath in fresh air. Before kids this was my favorite time to camp. But even more so I love to hike in it and we can definitely do that with the kids. Let it Fall!!
No comments:
Post a Comment