Friday, November 20, 2015

Momin' It

The wind has been blowing so hard here. A tree fell across the road on the other side of the woods. I could see fireman clearing the road with their chainsaws through the trees. The wind is powerful. I guess that's also what makes it so enchanting, so exciting. It comes as this invisible force. I just love the sound of the wind, the rain and the wonderful song they make with the leaves...

Before eating breakfast or drinking any coffee, I made my way to yoga. The kids had a light breakfast of fruit and honey sesame almonds. I packed them a little snack, got everyone ready and we made our way to the Y. Dropping John off in his class and Eliana in hers, kisses and hugs for everyone. John and Eliana are so sweet to one another when saying goodbye, but I can't wait until Eliana is able to move up to the Zone with John when she is 3. They will have a blast together in the giant tubes, plus its such a great workout of kids. Although Eliana gets to do arts and crafts in her current class, which I love. I love that she does projects in MOPS as well as the Y, and because of that, the kids both have projects to hang on the fridge since John does a ton of art in preschool.



I made my way into yoga on time, laid out my mat and began deep breathing. Yoga is really best on an empty stomach. So much more room for the organs to move, to allow for deeper stretching. I had had a lot of water already and I finished off Eliana's almonds, so I wasn't feeling depleted but actually feeling very good. This morning I wasn't sure if I was going to go, and I'm so glad I went. I had the best class I've had in... I don't even know how long! It was good. My whole spine felt so good after I left, that it literally felt like there was some sort of icy-hot, or something to that cooling effect, on it!

I really need to be utilizing the Y more. These colder months are when I go because the kids get to play, burn energy, that doesn't involve destroying the house. I've been going to the Y at least once a week for yoga while John is at preschool, Eliana refers it as "her class". It's been awesome and healing in more ways than one. I pray and think quietly, talking to God in my head. It's great for everyone!

Today was the first time I went on a Tuesday in a long time. For the past month I have been volunteering at my Naturopathic office and Tuesday's have been some of those volunteer hours. I am absolutely loving that experience!

Eliana has been rocking her dance class and John in gymnastics. One day, a few weeks ago, I took Eliana with me to gymnastics while Kyle worked overtime. That day I saw a class going on while Eliana was waiting with me for kids her size. I asked the age group and it was for 3 and 4 year olds. But they were willing to allow Eliana to try the class and see if she followed directions. She did and did so amazing! Kyle came there after he got off work and was just in time to see Eliana start her class and John in his. We have now made this a "thing" that Kyle works overtime and he comes in to watch the kids' gymnastics with me. I love it so much! The kids love it too, so proud to see their Daddy when he walks in to watch them.





..................

Okay I started this post on Tuesday and stopped it to leave for gymnastics. The wind was really crazy! It was on of the biggest storms we've had around here. Trees everywhere. It took us over an hour and a half to get home, roads shut down every where. Power outages and a couple of people died due to storm related accidents. Thankful that we made it home safe. It was not the exciting song I described in the first paragraph by the end of the night!

But none the less we went to gymnastics. The storm had subsided when I left the house, hence my enthusiastic first description, so we decided to venture out. Kyle met us there and we enjoyed watching the kids. I absolutely love doing this as a family!

I went to yoga again on Thursday while John was at school. Eliana went to "her class". And she made a cute turkey, I just adore the women at the Y! Working with Eliana and giving her such a great experience. 


Lovin' the Mom Life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment