Friday, August 5, 2016

16 Hours

16 hours. That's how many hours, after today is complete, that the kids will have put in the gym this week! I understand that sounds crazy, especially for a 3 and 4 year old, wow! Yet every day John is begging to stay and so upset with me to pick him up at noon.



That would be my little 3 year old climbing the fireman's pole, the same pole I freaked out that my son could climb, and now my daughter is climbing it a year and a half younger! She is so tenacious, she didn't give up! Her coach was like, "Ellie aren't your arms getting tired?" because she did it over and over!

That morning she made a bed out of pillows, my little tenacious sweetheart she is.



That day, Wednesday, was a long day. We woke up making pillow beds and didn't come home until 6 pm! That is unheard of for us. I'm kind of crazy about our naps and we missed our naps on Wednesday. I had a work meeting right after their camp, like I do each week, and they have gymnastics in the evening. Normally I will drive all the way home and come back to gymnastics, giving up only an hour and a half at home for nap. But today John asked to do something and I obliged. 

So from camp, to my work meeting (which they sit and eat their lunch and play while I'm in my meeting, its really awesome for me actually), to the park before heading back to our regular class at gymnastics!


That would be my big boy in black way up in the swings



After playing we hit the trails for some shade. It was gray and wet in the morning, all of us were in pants, I realized how unstocked my car is for such an occasion as this. In Washington you just never know what the weather could do!


Pointing out the Woodpecker for me to take a picture of. 

John pointed the wood pecker out from way far away. He made sure I got a picture to show Daddy. My kids amaze me all the time with their attention to detail.


John telling me a story, he talks with such enthusiasm!

This girl only took a picture for me when I told her it was for Daddy...

Since when did she get so big in the stroller?!?

Cutie


I love trees!

From the trail we hit up the petting zoo. The kids love animals! Forest Park really is such a magical little (or big) place.












We left hot and tired. I was like, "how on earth do I expect these kids to go back to gymnastics after an eventful day as this?" My answer came to me in the form of a peanut butter milkshake! We hit up a local place, that I made sure to ask that they use real ice cream (its just not the same if its soft serve), and I sugared the kids up for another round of gymnastics! It cooled us off and definitely sugared us up, me included, it was intense! They went to bed after a bath that night and just passed right out, no one needed to potty or anything, they went straight to sleep with no "complications"!

The next morning we were back at it! I would say they are definitely some of the youngest kids there by far. There are a few little boys I saw but they always get separated from John, because they always put John with the big boys! I actually asked the big boy (teenager) how old he was when we left and he said he was 14! Then he high fived John as we walked out. John has been relentlessly trying to keep up with this kid, Shawn, all week! John told him the other day, "I'm proud of you Shawn, your being really nice to me today." I got a good laugh at that one.





The older girls just dote over Eliana. When she gets there they move towards her and try to take her hand, and talking amongst themselves on how cute she is. Yes look how sweet she is waking from her nap...


I see this face way too often!


But those faces quickly wore off when we all went to play outside with Daddy!


Kyle made a tunnel for the kids to ride their jeeps through

I love our backyard!


Oh I love this girl!

We have so much fun in our little yard!





Today is our last day of camp for the summer! Then tonight Kyle and I are getting a night off because the kids are going to their grandparents house! Which they are so excited for! We are so blessed to get these kinds of breaks, we all are, its really healthy for us. The kids have a blast and Kyle and I get a night to just be a couple and go on a date before we both work the next morning. Seriously super thankful for my parents! Stay tuned for another post on what I'm feeding my kids this week for camp :)


No comments:

Post a Comment