We had already planned to go to Great Wolf Lodge for John's birthday, we also already had a camping trip planned the weekend after his birthday. So we did not intend to throw John a birthday party, especially during these weird times. But at the last minute, we did it. Rikki and her family, Donna, Lauren and Grace, the neighbor Tristan and John's best friend Liam all came to celebrate John. The Liam sleepover was the only thing originally planned.
I asked John that since our house was already decorated for Fall that he would pick a theme that matched the color scheme of what we already had going on. It was his idea to do a pumpkin birthday party!
His ice cream cake said, "Happy Birthday Pumpkin!" Since he has always been my little pumpkin baby butter butt, my fall baby. He was actually due in the summer but stayed in my belly to be a Fall baby. I remember I was so happy when the first day of Fall came and went and I knew he was going to be my Fall baby.
I was super prepared and had bought all his gifts months before. We showered him in gifts. These are hard times for everyone, and he has been awesome. Also since I didn't think we were having a party, I wanted to get him lots of cool gifts.
I had gone to the dollar store and got all the decor. My mom came over the day of so I could run last-minute errands. Kyle had been working 12's for weeks and Saturday's to pay for our Great Wolf trip and our camping trip, so he was not home the morning of the party.
We had tons of pizza, popcorn, candy, cake and cupcakes. The kids were running wild and Kyle's mom was shocked by the noise level. We are used to it around here.
Grandma Donna got John a big nice new scooter. John loved it!
John you are such a sweet boy. You are smart and athletic. You have big heart and love the Lord. You are a gift and we love you so much.
And don't forget handsome, you are so incredibly handsome!!
![]() |
| Going through all his pokemon before blowing out the candles |
![]() |
| I think this is the winner! |
After John's small and intimate birthday party, he had a sleepover with his best bud. Our first sleepover with a friend at his house, a school friend. John was super stoked and they had a good time. Eliana had Quynn sleepover (my plan to have her leave the boys alone) and they also had a good time. I kept the boys and girls apart the whole time! Boys downstairs and girls upstairs. This is a big reason I didn't want to do sleepovers in the first place. They are little now, but they won't always be. After the sleepover we had horse riding the next day, then the day after that we left for Great Wolf Lodge! Such a busy time!
So on John's actual birthday, we made the long drive out to Great Wolf. There we rode the slides and had a blast. The kids got a special room with cool bunk beds. Bryan slept so well and did so well there. My mom and dad, my sisters, and my sister's family all came to celebrate John. My only regret is I didn't get any pictures!!
![]() |
| The night he turned 9, an ice cream treat with Dad |
![]() |
| Kyle is the only one to take pics and I'm super thankful! |
![]() |
| The gift John got from Lindsay and Brandon, he completed in a couple hours |
Happy birthday sweet boy, 9 is the last year of single digits! The boy who made me a mom, I love you and will always cherish you.


























No comments:
Post a Comment